Trip Length: 11 days/10 nights.
Tour Grade: Easy to Moderate.
Tour Code: SMT-11D
Meeting/Departure Points: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
Group size: 2 adults or more participants.
Fixed Guaranteed Departures-2017: August 21-31, September 5-15
Total Distance: about 2500kms/1554miles.
Airfare Included: No.
Tour Customizable: Yes
Tour Highlights: Upon your arrival in Ulaanbaatar (UB City), meet Samar Magic Tours team. Discovery Mongolia from Gobi desert to Karakorum Tour gets you to the Natural Wonders of Southern regions of Gobi desert, and Karakorum in Central Mongolia.
Umnugobi (South Gobi desert province)-is the one that has the biggest area-165.400km2 and is located in the southern part of the country. Province center: Dalanzadgad town (about 575kms/357miles from Ulaanbaatar). There are high mountains such as the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan Mountain, Sevrey, Noyon Bogd, Nemegt and Gilbent. This province belongs to the Gobi region. Umnugobi province is the melting pot of tourism in Mongolia and its climate is the hottest, too that is above +30 /+35 C in summer. It is the place where large numbers of dinosaur findings are found. The first dinosaur finding in Asia has been found in Umnugobi province. Also it is the place where live and "latest dinosaurs" can be seen very often. There are mountain sheep, wild goats, wild sheep, leopards, foxes and antelopes as well as various birds including lammergeyers, eagles, kites and falcons. a great expedition to the spectacular areas where many fossilized dinosaur bones and eggs have been found, oases in Mongolia untouched by people. The Gobi desert is the source of many important fossil finds, including the first dinosaur eggs. Despite the harsh conditions, these deserts and the surrounding regions sustain many animals, including black-tailed gazelles, marbled polecats, Bactrian camels, Mongolian wild ass and sand plovers.
- Gobi Gurvansaikhan National Park (three beauties of the Gobi)-is a national park in southern Mongolia. The park was established in 1993, and expanded to its current size in 2000. The park, at nearly 27,000 square kilometers, is the largest national park in Mongolia. The park is named for the Gurvan Saikhan Mountains, which translates to the Three Beauties. The name is derived from three subranges, the East, Middle and West Beauty. The range forms the eastern half of the park. The park lies on the northern edge of the Gobi desert. The higher elevations contain areas of steppe. A number of rare plants and animals are found in the park, including the elusive snow leopard and the Gobi Camel. Areas of sand dunes are found, most famously the Khongoryn Els - the Singing Sands. Another major tourist destination is Yolyn Am, a mountain valley that contains a large ice field through most of the year.
- Yolyn Am or Valley of Vultures-This is the main attraction in the Gobi Gurvan Saikhan National Park. The canyon valley is named after one of its habitants-Vulture (Gypaetus garbatus). The site is located 62 km southwest to the Dalanzadgad provincial center of South-Gobi aimag. The depth of the canyon reaches 200m at its center. You will see here 2-3 mts ice cup if you come here before the end of July. The valley is home to some ndangered species such as wild mountain sheep and ibex. There is a small museum, which displays dinosaur eggs, some bones and stuffed birds and leopards.
- Khongoryn Els-The largest sand dune is located 100kms/62miles northwest to the Valley of Vultures. It is about 3-15km wide, 180km long and 100-300m high. The peak of the dune is called “Singing Sand” for its sound of the wind howling through the dunes. Climbing to the sand dune going down gives you both challenge and enjoyment. You can observe a breathtaking view of the landscape.
- Bayanzag (Rich in Saxual) or Flaming Cliffs-The site is located near to Bulgan soum center of Sough Gobi province. Roy Chapman Andrews, an American paleontologist and staff of the Museum of Natural History in New York first found 4-6 inches dinosaur eggs here in 1922. The large dinosaur skeletons placed at the Museum of Natural History in Ulaanbaatar was also found here by a Mongolian expedition. Bayanzag is referred as Flaming Cliffs for its amazing colors and shape.
- Karakorum-is located about 390kms/242miles west from the capital Ulaanbaatar in Ovorkhangai province. This is the Genghis (Chinggis) Khan's 13th century capital and heart of the mighty Mongolian Empire and Okhon river Valley, cradle of Mongolian civilization. Visitors, such as Marco Polo, described its ornate building, including a 2500 sq. meters Palace of Worldly Peace. In 1792 the Monastery still had 62 temples and 10,000 lamas. But in 1930 it became a victim of the Stalin's purges. All but three of the Temples were destroyed and most of the monks were either killed or sent to Siberia. Now there is a museum and restored.
- Orkhon Valley-is located west of Ulaanbaatar, along the Orkhon River in Ovorkhangai and Arkhangai Provinces, was the center of the Mongol Empire, the center of the Uighur Empire, and the birthplace of Mongolian Buddhism. Today, the cultural heritage of the valley constitutes a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camel riding, meeting nomadic people, staying in a traditional tent, seeing grasslands and beautiful vistas. Explore Yolyn Am Canyon in Gobi desert. Climb up the towering piles of the Largest Hongor Sand dunes. Expedition to the Spectacular Flaming Cliffs in Gobi desert, where many fossilized dinosaur bones and eggs have been found. Journey to Karakorum-the Genghis (Chinggis) Khan's 13th century capital and heart of the mighty Mongolian Empire. Visit Erdene Zuu Monastery in the UNESCO World Heritage Orkhon Valley. We would be pleased to have you join us.
The Best Time to Travel to Mongolia: The travel season begins in mid-May, when the tourist Gers camps start opening. July and August are the peaks tourist season. September is autumn.
Arrival in UB City. Meet Samar Magic Tours. (D)
UB-Great Statue of Genghis Khan-Family-UB. (B)(L)
UB-Bagazarin Chuluu in Middle Gobi. (B)(L)(D)
Ruins of Sum Khun Burd Temple-Gobi desert. (B)(L)(D)
Yolin Canyon- Largest Sand dunes-Camel Family.(B)(L)(D)
Hongor Sand dunes-Flaming Cliffs. (B)(L)(D)
Ruins of Ongi Temple in Middle Gobi. (B)(L)(D)
Orkhon Valley- Family-Turkish Memorials. (B)(L)(D)
Departure Mongolia. (B)
|Daily, June-September||Hotel 3*||Hotel 4*||Hotel 5*|
|+10 people||$ 1,636 or 1,464 €||(Click here to enquire or book)||(Click here to enquire or book)|
|7-9 people||(Click here to enquire or book)||(Click here to enquire or book)||(Click here to enquire or book)|
|4-6 people||(Click here to enquire or book)||(Click here to enquire or book)||(Click here to enquire or book)|
|2-3 people||(Click here to enquire or book)||(Click here to enquire or book)||(Click here to enquire or book)|
|Individual Supplement||$ 99 or 89 €||$ 186 or 166 €||(Click here to enquire or book)|
2017/2018/2019 Land tour costs per person in $ US or in Euros (€), based on double indicated room from (11 days, excluding flights) - (Click here to enquire or book)
Free: If you have a group of 16 persons (15 paying persons + 1 free, based on twin/double standard room: 8) Excluding flights, and the single room at hotels in Ulaanbaatar city.
3 nights at your selected hotel 5* or hotel 4* or hotel 3* in Ulaanbaatar city, based on double indicated room.
7 nights in the tourist fixed gers camps, based on private Ger, outside of Ulaanbaatar.
Food as specified (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner), including one bottle of mineral water.
English speaking guide.
All transportation on comfortable jeep or bus with A/C in private in Ulaanbaatar-Great Statue of Genghis Khan-Ulaanbaatar, including the all petrol.
All transportation on comfortable Japanese vehicle with A/C in private (4WD) for the rest of the trip, including the all petrol.
Entrance fees to the all specified protected areas, national parks, museums, and the monastery.
One Mongolian traditional folk songs concert.
Camel riding on Hongor Largest Sand dunes (2 hrs).
Meeting Nomadic families.
Taxes and Services.
Letter-visa support (if necessary).
Accommodation in Mongolia
Ulaanbaatar: hotel, 3*, hotel, 4*, hotel, 5* (3 nights).
Bagazarin Chuluu in Middle Gobi: Tourist Fixed Gers camp (1 night).
Yolyn am Canyon in Gobi desert: Tourist Fixed Gers camp (1 night).
Largest Sand dunes in Gobi desert: Tourist Fixed Gers camp (2 nights).
Bayanzag in Gobi desert: Tourist Fixed Gers camp (1 night).
Saikhan Ovoo & Ongi Temple: Tourist Fixed Gers camp (1 night).
Karakorum: Tourist Fixed Gers camp (2 nights).
What's Not Included?
Flights and occasional flight delays or cancellation.
The binoculars, telescopes and tripod (if necessary).
Any rescue costs or costs of early departure.
Changing of date of departure from Ulaanbaatar.
The traveler is responsible for having proper travel documents, such as a valid passport, proper visa, the necessary passport pictures, and the International airfares.
Items of personal nature such as gratuities to porters at hotels, telephone / telex / fax charges, laundry, beverages, meals, optional activities, and services not specified in the itinerary.
Any circumstances beyond of our control, such as the imposition of quarantine restrictions, weather conditions, etc.